Don't take this the wrong way but...
- Is it seriously April already? How is this possible?!
- I really just want to be done with my taxes already… even though this year we technically get an “extension” to April 18th – it still feels like I’ve been dealing with my accountant for like, forever and I just want this whole thing to end.
- Why is it SO F-ING COLD outside? Today my colleague commented that it’s colder than most winter days in New York, and I would have to agree with her. Why, just last week we were all cheering for Cherry Blossoms and the emergence of Spring Spring Spring. You know how the cold makes everybody miserable.
- Will I ever feel like I’m done with work and therefore making progress in life? (That's a rhetorical question by the way, secretly I know the answer).
- I know this sounds odd, but I am strangely excited about Earth Day (April 22, 2016)... if not for all of the green posts I'll be seeing on Instagram #planet
- Oh, and it'll be little man’s first picture day at school!!! (also happens to be April 18, 2016). Note to self, need to beat hubby to the dressing game that day. The important question is, tie or no tie? (And should it be a bow-tie?!).
- This may just be the one month of the entire year where I won’t have to do any form of traveling (plane or train). Scratch that, I'm actually getting on a train this weekend to Long Island... who said anything about standing still?
- I ain’t mad at cha April!!! In fact, I embrace you and all of your cherry blossoms. In spite of your current freezing state of being (which I really hope is just an extended April Fools' joke) and the artificial snow on the ground on Bowery (purportedly for Will Smith’s new movie), I cannot help but feel this burst of happiness and hope that we, are, at last, OVER the hump of Winter!
… Here’s to April, and many more celebratory things to come for 2016.
P.S. If you could just take care of all of the random illnesses we've been getting collectively as a household that would be great too. Something tells me that there's still random viruses incubating about town. Oh, and let's not forget allergies... I really don't want to deal with those this season! Please take note.
Many thanks and cheers to Spring!!