So this is long overdue as we are nearing the middle of April and I have a feeling that this month is going to be over before I know it… so here goes!
#Goals for April (plus some milestones)!!
There’s quite a bit going on in April, and two big things in this household are:
- Taxes!!! Need we say more… mamma just (finally) wrapped things up this Thursday, just in the nick of time.
- Easter!!! It seems somehow cruel and unusual that this holiday is wrapped up with tax season, Spring Break, the harbinger of a new season, and the list goes on and on (in this household, as I might have mentioned before, Easter will forever be associated with the creation of my second little bunny). How fecund! We've already done our first Egg Hunt of the Easter Season... and I am very much looking forward to some quality family time on Easter Sunday!!
- Nostalgia central, did you know that this April marks Rockshic’s FIVE year anniversary! Yes!!! Check out my very first post here. Little did I know that it would turn into all of this… but absolutely beaming with pride. Yet another reason why April is such an important time for me, as it literally gave birth to this blog... my baby before I started having babies!!! In fact... .come to think of it, April is also when we first launched City Baby Dining back in 2015, so indeed... there must be some magical, mystical, birthing pixie dust in the air or something.
- National Sibling Day… I know I know – when did this even become a thing?? But since this is the first year that my boys will forever have each other in their lives, I decided to cherish the moment – see here for the full post.
- This marks our FOURTH month down here in Southwest Florida… I literally went from “OMG what are we doing here how am I going to manage the next few months” to “OMG I’m kind of LOVING it here and we’re just getting settled and now we have to up and move again!!!” Thus turns the wheel of life, funny how it works, isn’t it.
- That reminds me, mamma really only has less than two months now to get her affairs in order with respect to work, and this is directly linked to what I wanted to accomplish in March. Of course I’ve procrastinated and of course this means that it absolutely HAS to be done in April!
- My Rockshic Baby started KARATE lessons! Technically his first day was the 28th of March, but it was such a shambles that I decided that he needed to have his dad take him to at least ONE lesson every week. Guess what, it totally worked! His second (and what I consider to be his REAL lesson) took place on April 1st, and there has been no looking back. I’ll come back to this at another time in greater detail, but so far so good!
- We’ve also started doing research for summer camp this month!! We’ve even gone to the recent Summer Camp Fair held at the Mercato, see here. In the back of my mind I feel like we’ve only just started life at his little Montessori school down here in Naples – and now we’re already thinking about CAMP. It’s just crazy.
- Real improvements here too with my Rockshic Baby #2’s eating habits and weight gain. It’s funny how such a mundane task can completely and utterly consume you. See my post on Milestone Baby for more thoughts on the matter… but the upshot too is that he’s now four months, and we were even given the green light at his recent well visit to start some solids! I still remember vividly when his big brother started solids (see here). Apparently the real deal is when they turn six months, but four months is a good time to transition.
- Speaking of healthier eating – mamma is still working on that post-partum body! If I could just shed another 15 pounds or so I would be golden. But alas I’m still carrying the baby weight and they seem ever so stubborn to leave! I’m also nursing (and judging from my go… see here, I’ll be nursing for quite a loooooong time, eight more months perhaps?), so I really need to figure out a way to stay fit and trim whilst still keeping up the milk production.
- Finally, some more exciting brand partnerships and campaigns on the docket for this month that I’m looking forward to sharing with all of you.
There goes April in a nutshell! No real travel plans on the docket and that is just fine with me!! For some reason March seemed particularly travel heavy and I’m really looking forward to playing some catch-up in April before May hits us. I see lots of archiving and writing in the near-term, and I am loving that very prospect. See post son February and March here. I’m really starting to like these! I wish I would have done one for January, but there’s nothing to say that mamma can’t do it retroactively, right?
Drop me a note and let me know what you're thinking for April, I'd love to know!