When it comes to baby swaddles, both hubs and family can attest to the fact that I have a problem… a REAL problem, with swaddles. What can I say, they’re just so darn cute! Plus they’re practically good for almost *everything* and this includes:
- Acting us covers when you’re baby carrying (great to shield them from the sun!)
- Covering up your stroller (again, same purpose, except you’re not baby-carrying)
- Acting as a soft blanket (sometimes a big blanket is just too much)
- Acting as a nursing cover (I’ve known so many women who’ve done this since they have their swaddles readily accessible)
- Acting as a lap cover (you know… for when you’re multi-tasking but don’t want to embarrass yourself in public)
- Serving as one mean picnic cover (or maybe that’s just me?). See here – yes that was us in New Zealand and my swaddle was perfect for my baby to roll around in over the grass while we chilled in the sun and enjoyed a vino or two at one of North Island’s many fabulous vineyards.
- The perfect beach cover (similar to picnic, except now you’re on sand!!)
- If you’re like my little one… his favorite snuggle… I swear once he has it in hand – and in our case it happens to be the Milk Snob NUMBERS swaddle, made of the softest bamboo.. it’s almost an instant comforter for him that gently soothes my baby to sleep.
- Cover-up, aka “scarf” for mummy to wear while she pumps (true story!). See here.
- Oh yeah… and you can actually use it to SWADDLE your baby, one of the critical 5 S’s of Dr. Harvey Karp
- Burping Clothes/ Stylish Bibs
- Makeshift changing stations (I swear the possibilities are endless!)
I won’t lie, I used to be a serious Aden+Anais girl, but after using swaddles by Milk Snob, I’m positively sold! The texture is absolutely fantastic and softer than most of the other swaddles I’ve used. Somehow the coverage also seems more ample (even after multiple washings!), perhaps attributed to the well-tailored fabric. I’ve used bamboo swaddles before but this one seem to have more bounce and durability to it… plus, it’s monochromatic which seems to be the theme-du-jour!
Fun fact: today my three year old toddler said to me, "mommy! There're NUMBERS on his blanket!" He then proceeds to count the numbers, which turned into a fun little game for all #extraproductperk
Oh, and my munchkin #2 simply LOVES it so if you ever catch us going for a stroll, taking a nap, or just generally lounging, you’ll very probably find me using this swaddle (unless, of course, it is in the wash).
P.S. Milk Snob also makes these fantastic covers that are serves a multitude of functions (i.e., nurse cover, car-seat cover, and even a great fit for your shopping cart!). More on this later, but for now I am just suuuper excited to talk about my new swaddle discovery!!! I am always beyond excited whenever I discover a new baby product that I love so much (having been well versed in the baby industry since late 2012, that’s truly saying something!).