So just like that, March has descended upon us in full force, which means that we’ve officially spent more than two months in Florida… and this mamma is pretty much half way through her maternity leave! (In truth, I had initially only planned on taking 12 weeks this go-around, so glad I changed my mind).
So what’s in store for March, you ask? Quite a bit actually – though possibly not as ground-breaking as February.
- Rockshic Baby #2 is turning 3 months!!! As a matter of fact we’ve only got days to go and I can hardly believe it. I was just noting to hubby that he is long and thin, like a little model. (Read: not as chunky as his big brother, but we’ll get to that at another time). Important thing is that he’s happy and healthy… jeepers, he’ll be 100 days this month!
- Related to my second pregnancy, I am also going to do some catch-up for work. As noted previously during my rather somber Thanksgiving 2016 reflections, I'm pretty much 50% through my maternity leave and we still have some unfinished business to take care of!
- St. Patty’s Day will be next week! I know I know… you’re looking at me like I’ve got two heads, why would that matter to us, as we’re not Irish? I suppose over the course of the past few years this particular holiday has always been quite momentous for our household (see our first St. Patty’s Day with munchkin #1 chronicled here). Plus, you never know – hubby is English/Scottish, so perhaps there is a little bit of Irish somewhere in there?
- Did I mention that St. Patty's Day always reminds me of our trip to Ireland circa 2011? I'll have to dig up some more memories from that whirlwind escape.
- My oldest has his Spring Break this month! Yikes!!! I tell ya, Spring Break spells something entirely different when you’re a parent (much like Summer…) Good news we’ll all be down in Florida together (hubs will be taking a chunk of time off from his regular routine), so hopefully we can plan some fun outings together as a family.
- Speaking of fun family outings, this is also the month of the Collier County Fair in Naples! I’ve only ever been to the Strawberry fair in Naples, but you know that this mamma loves herself some fun rides, livestock and funnel cake!
- As you know, I've done quite a few brand partnerships and influencer-programs in my time, and this month we're doing a really fun #giveaway with SoCozy, details here. This collaboration is particularly special to me as it is where my big man got his first haircut when he just turned one (and he could hardly walk!!!). My goodness how time flies.
- Some travel is again on the docket. This time there’ll be a quick trip to NYC to take care of some business (and hopefully catchy up with some friends), plus a girls getaway trip/spacation in Arizona later on in the month!!! I can’t wait.
- Mamma’s getting a new iPhone! I know that sounds super dorky, but in truth I can’t tell you how much this is needed… having had this old phone for nearly two years, with way too much photos, videos, and e-mails chewing through my memory. (Shocking, I know – I take tons of photos). So please watch-out, I’ll be going through my archives over the course of the next few weeks, so you’ll be seeing tons of baby and travel-related stuff from memory lane!
So that just about wraps things up (I believe). I’m actually starting to enjoy this monthly round-up! I started it quite haphazardly last month, for milestones in February… and now I find that the list actually serves to whip mamma to shape and helps to keep me honest. Score!
If you think I’m missing anything else for the month of March… please let me know. Most importantly, SPRING is around the corner! YEEEEEP.