Happy Thursday my lovelies!!!
I did have some great fun while I was in town, however -- starting with my spa time with the girls at Great Jones Spa. Despite living nearby, I've actually never been to the spa, and now I'm kicking myself on all that time lost!
- The spa is very clean and minimalist, and it is ALL ABOUT the water lounge!!! When you go downstairs, there are lounge chairs, cascading waterfall, and beautifully lit pools (both of the hot and cold varieties) that are perfect for decompression and relaxation.
- You can bring your own bubbles and snacks for the occasion (yet another reason why it's optimal to attend with a group of friends).
- Remember to bring a bathing suit!!!! I can't stress this enough, and almost missed out myself until a colleague of mine reminded me earlier in the day. In fact, I recommend bringing two, so that you can change into a fresh and clean one after your massage and enjoy the water lounge some more.
- Get there, check in, and stay a while. In fact, even if you're not using their services, you can still enjoy the water lounge, read a magazine in their relaxation area, or just spend a lazy afternoon chillaxing with your partner (which I fully intend to do in the near future). The cost is $50 per person to enjoy the water lounge (and sauna!) for up to three hours. Of course, the lounge and all of it's facilities are free if you book more than $100 in services.
- Lastly, and related to the above, the spa has one of the more impressive saunas that I've seen... Seriously, their river rock is enormous! (Not to mention beautiful appointed).
All in all -- I highly recommend the experience, especially with a group of friends! You'll walk away sufficiently distressed and rejuvenated, and you'll be happy that you ditched your office desk for that much needed escape!!
Other Spa Features include: